Planned Obsolescence is your fault
01-02-2019, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2019 11:38 AM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Planned Obsolescence is your fault
Hello!

(12-31-2018 11:45 PM)DA74254 Wrote:  ... or ugly coloured non-dimmable LED's at 10x the price.

I can absolutely not confirm that. Since LED bulbs became awailable I have replaced every failed incandescent and CFL bulb around the house with LED. Since then I have not have had to replace a single one again. Apart from a box of cheap ones that I got from eBay/China when they still were very expensive around here.
If you buy them form a quality manufacturer (e.g. Philips or Osram) there is a good coice of colours, they are all dimmable (which I am not interested in anyway) and the price has come down to 3-4 Euros a piece which I think is reasonable. CFLs and good halogen bulbs cost more than that.
In "my" horse riding club we have switched to LED lighting two years ago or so. Everything, inside, outside, flood lights for the 1000 square metre inside and outside riding arenas. Not a single LED lamp has failed to date (and they are nearly always on in the dark season from 16:00 to 23:00 every day). The light colour is much more pleasant the that of the prevoius CFL tubes and they are much brighter. The savings in electricity cost have already paid for the new lights. But we bought quality bulbs and lamps from an insustrial supplier, not the cheapest ones!

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Planned Obsolescence is your fault - Maximilian Hohmann - 01-02-2019 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)