Planned Obsolescence is your fault
12-31-2018, 12:55 PM
RE: Planned Obsolescence is your fault
(12-31-2018 11:54 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  For me, whatever the author of this original article claims, planned obsolescence is clearly manufacturer driven. There are not only trendy products like smartphones out there, where customers might actually be one of the driving forces behind that obsolescence. There are also washing machines and vacuum cleaners. People generally don't like to shop for those. They rather spend a little more money on their purchase in the hope that the product will last many years. Unfortnunately this is seldom the case, apart from some lucky exceptions.
(...)
Using a proper amount of proper glue (or a more robust connector) in the first place would have added 2 or 3 cents to the manufacturing cost. Planned obsolescence, nothing else. And certainly not driven by customer demand.

NB: And I hope to live long enough to see (worldwide!) laws coming in force about making electronic devices with non-replaceable batteries. As described in the article.

I am with you Maximilian: that's my POV, too. Nothing lasts as it used to, It is seldom and/or hardly repairable/replaceable. Household appliances' quality has gone south.
And who needs to add another function every single year to a smartphone that already has gazillions on board?
But if we don't buy, they won't produce, people is laid off... So, let's start another landfill!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Planned Obsolescence is your fault - Massimo Gnerucci - 12-31-2018 12:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)