HP-71B SUPERLEX LEX File Manual
12-10-2018, 08:00 PM
HP-71B SUPERLEX LEX File Manual
The “SUPERLEX” LEX file for the 71B was developed by Titan Software Company (“Titan” was HP’s internal the code name for the 71B) and sold through EduCALC (for example see p. 41 in Catalog 34 from 1987) and likely other similar dealers. A copy of the supplied “User Manual” for the LEX file is available here.

From the EduCALC description:
Quote:47 handy new BASIC keywords. There are 34 Time, Temperature and Metric Unit Conversions – cubic meters to cubic feet, hrs/min/sec to decimal hrs, etc. It also contains 13 keywords that control the AC and ALARM annunciators, quick contrast and display scroll control, lowercase string conversion, a running clock keyword, and more. All keywords may be used in programs or from the keyboard.

So, while there’s nothing too exciting in here, it is possibly useful and certainly interesting to explore.

The LEX file itself is available in Joe Horn’s OLDP. There seem to be two versions, with slightly different spelling of some of the keywords; the files are in HORN\HP7101 (shorter keywords that match this manual) and HORN\LEX01 (longer keywords – likely changes to add clarity).

If the copyright holder of the manual objects to this being shared, please notify me and I will remove the file and access. I made reasonable efforts to locate the owner to no avail.

If you have similar rare documentation, please consider sharing it with the community. I will also provide a copy to Dave to include in future releases of his MoHPC Document Collection.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-71B SUPERLEX LEX File Manual - rprosperi - 12-10-2018 08:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)