Non-graphing calculator supporting complex matrices?
04-27-2014, 03:27 AM
RE: Non-graphing calculator supporting complex matrices?
(04-27-2014 02:26 AM)Tugdual Wrote:  The re-todayed versions of the HP15C (LE) does handle complex matrices. But at the name says, it was a limited edition a bit more complicated to find.

The original 15C had exactly the same functions (including handling complex matrices). The 15C LE is now a discontinued product that, even when manufactured, carried a premium price ($100 USD) while a beastly 50G can be had for well under that amount nowadays... My point is that due to reasons that have nothing to do with lack of a sufficiently large display, of memory, or of processing power, we are stuck with (otherwise remarkable) hardware costing under $20 that is artificially crippled by limited software. I have praise for the hardware of current Casio, TI and even Canon and Sharp calculators, but they fall incredibly short on software. Even the TI 36X Pro, which is *almost* bearable, limits complex arithmetic to a few operations, and excludes complex numbers from matrices, which it limits to size 3x3 anyway. Quite absurd!

SN

PS: The HP 300s+, which I bought recently, is but a rebadged Casio sold at a premium and with worse keyboard. If only it had better software... Unfortunately, it seems that the same team of 3 Kinpo (?) employees writes the software for *every* sub-$50 calculator in the world, regardless of manufacturer. I was, in fact, rather surprised to learn that current Sharp calculators have an "LN" bug *not* present in cheap calculators from other manufacturers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Non-graphing calculator supporting complex matrices? - supernumero - 04-27-2014 03:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)