A problem with 'pi' in User mode...
11-14-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: A problem with 'pi' in User mode...
(11-14-2018 09:00 PM)chale44incolo Wrote:  Hello all, and thanks for being here! I'm a 1984-to-present user of an HP41CV that is like an extension of my own hand...
So I have an odd problem with it, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, let me know if so and I'll correct that. So suddenly (I believe), I have a problem where I can't enter 'shift-pi' in User mode. It declares "Data Error", and if I press for more info, it shows, "XROM 03,46" and then "NULL". Is there a way to get out of this situation? The machine has no plug-ins attached, etc. I have had it way the heck apart just yesterday, trying to remedy a springy-contacts continuity problem that erupts every few years. So it may have something to do with that, eh...but I did seem to get the machine back to working perfectly; well, except of course for this business with 'pi' in User mode.

I have a beautiful 41 emulator on my iPhone, and it doesn't do this (nor did my actual 41 until...all the sudden, it seems); I can input 'pi' to my heart's content in User mode, on the emulator, no problem. On it, I see "PI" and then "NULL" if I continue to press the "0" button. That's normal, I have to believe, eh.

Thanks much--Charley Hale, Lafayette CO USA

A function is assigned to the pi key. To cancel press:

GOLD ASN ALPHA ALPHA GOLD PI
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A problem with 'pi' in User mode... - Monte Dalrymple - 11-14-2018 10:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)