Any way to report a weasel seller?
11-15-2018, 02:43 AM
RE: Any way to report a weasel seller?
Brilliant, Bob! Thank you so much—you really know your way around the site! I did just what you said. One doesn't have many characters to write, but I could at least ding him. I'm sure he'll post some "explanation" but he refused to further reply to me after the two curt answers posted above, so I am pretty sure my assessment of his action was accurate. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first...

I won't bother complaining to eBay when he relists eventually. He should have gotten my point that it was not a cool way to treat buyers and that is good enough (along with a visible ding on his score).

(11-14-2018 11:14 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  You can still leave feedback, even though the purchase was cancelled. As the item was cancelled, it is no longer available in your Purchase History, but there is another way to get at the list of ALL your transactions.

Here's how:

1. Login to your eBay account
2. Go to your "My eBay" page
3. Click on Account on the upper left, just under "My eBay"
4. In the My Account box on the left, the 6th item down is "Feedback" - click this
5. You should now see (scroll down a bit) a list of all your transactions, so you can let the world know what a truly special person this seller is.

Leaving negative feedback may not help you to feel any better about this seller's tactics (I agree, he/she likely decided the bidding didn't go as high as they wanted) but it may warn the next guy enough to stay away.

If you really want to help the seller to see the light, watch his/her new listings for the next couple weeks to see if he/she lists the 29C again. If so, I would then call eBay support and report what happened. You have to be patient when you call, but the last couple support folks I spoke with seemed to 'get it' and were very helpful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any way to report a weasel seller? - burkhard - 11-15-2018 02:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)