[43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too
12-18-2013, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 08:00 PM by Jeff O..)
RE: [43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too
(12-16-2013 06:30 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(12-16-2013 04:41 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  Suggestion: place the (i) key to the left of [f], place the Roll Down key to the right of RCL, and place the x<>y key to the right of ENTER. This places Roll and x<>y in familiar placements used in 42s, for instance.
Know that, been there - until end of October. May change again until it materializes.

Well, if layout changes may be entertained, I'll go ahead and throw out my thoughts based on your layout above.

Move the "i" key to the location to the right of the "." (the current location of the "R/S" key). That would place all keys needed to enter any value (0 through 9, "." and "i") in a nice 4 by 3 grid of keys. Just swapping the "i" and "R/S" keys would look like this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=32]

If the “R/S” key looks out of place in the above, swapping the back-arrow and “R/S” keys would put “R/S” above XEQ, grouping the five program manipulation keys in a nice vertical column. The back-arrow would be closer to the other data entry and manipulation keys. This re-arrangement would look like this:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=33]

Of course the above would move the back-arrow key from its traditional right-end-of-the-enter-key-row location and would also necessitate that the alpha L skip over the second-from-right key. If that is too radical, my first proposal could still be considered.

Respectfully submitted, to be considered and acted upon as you see fit.

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [43S] Just to have it on the new forum, too - Jeff O. - 12-18-2013 07:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)