Bad HP 35s keyboard. Any luck with warranty?
11-12-2018, 06:22 PM
RE: Bad HP 35s keyboard. Any luck with warranty?
(11-10-2018 12:08 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  Victims? The 15LE was my best investment ever. Unfortunately I didn't by 10 or 100 of them when they were sold. I paid 150 Euro or so for mine and could sell it for 400 any time now. And in another ten years it will be worth 1000. Bugs notwithstanding. No one who designs bridges and aircraft wings uses a pocket calculator for that anyway, and in every other field bugs don't matter much :-)

So maybe it won’t be worth your 1000 if you hang on to it
I’ve got one too (unused and un-battery’d)
I got it to ....... I’m not sure ..... `I might sell it one day .... or keep it unused until after I die Big Grin

(11-10-2018 12:08 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  And HP's first "buggy" calculator, actually the first one they ever made, is the one that fetches the highest bids at auctions. We should thank them for those bugs!

But back then they were at the cutting edge of calculators, now (or even when the 15LE was made) they are just a remake of a classic calc.... I don’t think they hold the same ‘classic’ status.
I.e. they might be of great interest to us enthusiasts that might have had one back in the day.... but in ten years time ? ..... will there be people who will be as interested in them ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bad HP 35s keyboard. Any luck with warranty? - Zaphod - 11-12-2018 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)