50g Warmstarted in the future!
11-05-2018, 02:27 AM
RE: 50g Warmstarted in the future!
HI TravisE,

(11-05-2018 12:44 AM)TravisE Wrote:  I thought I recall observing once that after brief removal of main power (AAA-cell or USB) and reconnection the clock (and return value of TICKS) continue running normally, but if power is removed for long enough (somewhere around a minute or so, I think) it seemed like the clock was somehow reverted to a state near the moment when AAA power was removed and then froze there until power was resupplied… or something along those lines.

I tried it with my HP 50g and it did exactly as you described. I removed all 4 AAA batteries @ 19:56 and reinserted them at 20:01. Then I powered on the unit and viola, the clock displayed 19:51. However, my unit didn't warmstart (as it should) and my WSLOG was unaffected.

(11-05-2018 12:44 AM)TravisE Wrote:  In particular, I wonder if the datestamp listed in the WSLOG in this case doesn't in fact correspond to the time at which the simulated Saturn CPU happened to next be scheduled to “wake up” and perform the next time-based task at the point when the power loss occurred.

I believe this to be a solid hypothesis. In my case, the next scheduled "wake up" was my alarm (even though it didn't ring) & in your (TravisE's) case, the next scheduled "wake up" is your automatic power on performed by the HP 50g approx. every 3 days or so. I have no knowledge about the emulated saturn CPU part of the 50g so I cannot comment about it (except that I should learn about it!).

Either way, both our 50g units performed a warmstart, whether intentional or not, and reported a future WSLOG entry. There might be a consistent behavior to document here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
50g Warmstarted in the future! - Carsen - 10-27-2018, 02:31 AM
RE: 50g Warmstarted in the future! - Carsen - 11-05-2018 02:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)