HP-27 Repair/ACT/Panamatik LP?
10-06-2018, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2018 01:34 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
HP-27 Repair/ACT/Panamatik LP?
Hello!

I could have asked this directly to Panamatik, but maybe it is of interest to other members as well?

Finally I was able to find an HP-27 in excellent cosmetic condition, one of the last remaining gaps in my collection of LED calculators from HP. Presently it is not working unfortunately, so I wonder what to do. Below are some cloeseup pictures inside and out. There is a stain of solvent (or a burn mark?) on the display cover, but I guess I can polish that out. The PCB traces are in excellent state apart from a couple under the keyboard.

Since this is the first 27 I ever saw two things caught my attention compared to other woodstocks:
There is a piece of black wire soldered onto the board in the top left corner. Is this original from HP or the result of some later repair? (see picture below)
A piece of the ACT chip housing is broken off (what can have caused that apart from brute force - overheat maybe?) exposing an interrupted golden trace underneath. May this be the cause of the malfuncion?

What can I do to determine wherher an ACT chip from Panamatik will restore the calculator or if another LP board will be required?

Regards
Max

[Image: IMG13456_1024px.jpg]

[Image: IMG13457_1024px.jpg]

[Image: IMG13458_1024px.jpg]

[Image: IMG13459_1024px.jpg]

[Image: IMG13460_1024px.jpg]

[Image: IMG13461_1024px.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-27 Repair/ACT/Panamatik LP? - Maximilian Hohmann - 10-06-2018 01:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)