Advice for 15C for junk on display
10-05-2018, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2018 09:18 PM by burkhard.)
RE: Advice for 15C for junk on display
(10-05-2018 07:36 PM)David Hayden Wrote:  A friend has a 15C with some funny stuff on the display. And advice what this is and how/whether it can be fixed? See the attached photo.

Thanks,
Dave

Wow, somebody uses "GRAD" mode!

Me thinks the display is (slowly) dying. I've never considered if the 15C shares an exact identical display with one of the cheaper Voyagers, but it might.

Running a self-test on a 1988 vintage 15C, a 16C (not cheap, I know), and a modern 12C (I don't have an old one handy), I see they all spit out the same digits, even annunciators like "GRAD" and "C" which I don't believe that the 12C makes use of. So, my guess is that he might be able to do a transplant from an old 12C which are pretty cheap, $20 or so. It would take a little online investigation to see how involved that is...

EDIT: Looking at the 12C guide, I guess they do use "C". No RAD or GRAD though, and there are still annunciators for those, which leads me to suspect the Voyagers (at least the vintage ones) might share a common display.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice for 15C for junk on display - burkhard - 10-05-2018 09:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)