The old challenge: HP-35 on Arduino
09-28-2018, 02:10 AM
RE: The old challenge: HP-35 on Arduino
(09-27-2018 12:29 PM)sasa Wrote:  There is no problem at all, just a small challenge for youngsters still learning...

From another point of view, additional savings may be in different approach to decode and execute instructions. I have not looked more explicitly in the Pietro's code, however I had a bit different approach when I made my own HP-35 emulator, which can be better or worst regarding used ROM space on this platform. The approach I made allowed much easier implementation of MOSTEK emulation for desktop application, including assembling and disassembling...

I believe Pietro made optimal algorithm respecting limited space and speed for this platform, since it was not an amateur at all in computer science in that time.

I totally agree :-) It is a great project for a beginner to create a full system like the HP35 and then to be able to put it to good use afterwards.

I downloaded the magazine article but I had to use an online translator so I don't think I got the full outline of the project.

I too had to recreate the binaries for the original code to suit the architecture of the PIC and make it more efficient at decoding each instruction. All in all, good fun.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The old challenge: HP-35 on Arduino - sasa - 09-26-2018, 08:04 PM
RE: The old challenge: HP-35 on Arduino - teenix - 09-28-2018 02:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)