Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities
09-26-2018, 09:26 PM
RE: Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities
(09-26-2018 08:49 PM)Zaphod Wrote:  I just ordered a Ti89 Titanium from amazon ... warehouse deal for less than £50 ?!

I'm not sure they know what they have sometimes .... it was listed as a Ti89, but the picture clearly shows a titanium. (besides the non-titanium has been gone for 14 years)

Yes I should have got a Voyage200 I hear you say, but I've already got a couple of those Big Grin and this has always interested me.

We shall see what actually turns up......

That's a good find. You'll need to replace the SR44 (357/303/EPX76 or equivalent) silver-oxide memory backup battery as it will have died by now. I actually found it a bit of a pain to change the battery; it's not as easy as it looks in the manual - a lot of pushing and shoving to get the new battery in!

I got one from an eBay seller a few weeks ago for £60 "new" in packaging. The AA batteries included in the packaging had leaked, leaving a fine coating of dead battery powder all over the inside of the packaging. That was easily removed from the calculator, and the only long term effect was that the bottom edge of the user guide book was slightly stained. Fortunately, the silver-oxide button cells are not prone to leakage like the cheaper alkaline versions.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities - ijabbott - 09-26-2018 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)