Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities
09-21-2018, 02:57 PM
RE: Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities
(09-21-2018 01:26 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Even in a HP based forum, I think the topic is ok.

Of course! I am an equal-opportunity nerd.

The 89 and Voyage 200 are really great for programming, but oh my goodness is the 89 awful for day-to-day calculation. Cramming the 92 UI - which was designed around a large screen, full QWERTY keyboard, and many things being buried in menus - onto a calculator-style keypad with a small screen was an awful decision. But you can write pretty polished applications without too much effort, and it has a decent CAS.

I really wish the 86 had stuck around. They borrowed (okay, stole) 48S/G-style soft menus, enhanced the original 81/82 TI-BASIC with 8-character variable names and labels, lifted the limitation on number of list variables, matrices, "Y=" functions, etc. It's a very flexible system, with built in assembly capability, and even some hooks in the OS that let you install programs that hook the parser, add new functions/tokens that can be used in programs, and so on.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paying tribute to the amazing efforts of ti89 and ti84 communities - Dave Britten - 09-21-2018 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)