Print42 - thermal printer software for Free42
01-09-2020, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2020 02:43 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Print42 - thermal printer software for Free42
I was thinking of tackling the Raspbian issue using an emulated machine in Qemu, but then I caved and just bought a real one, a Pi 4 with 4GB RAM. I wanted one anyway. Smile

I got one of these sets. It comes with a fan and a few heat sinks, which the setup guide calls optional, but since the machine started getting hot and throttling while installing the OS (the cursor turning into a thermometer to warn me, very cute), I put in the fan, and that helped. I'll add the heat sinks later.

I'm not planning to distribute Linux binaries beyond the basic installer-less x86_64 package that I'm building already. Creating deb or rpm or whatever packages from GitHub, or from my "upstream" source code tarballs, should be a simple and mostly or fully automated process, but I prefer leaving that, and the challenge of complying with the various rules imposed by the various repositories, to other people. Building the five packages that I do build myself is enough of a hassle as far as I'm concerned. Smile

N.B. For Raspbian 10, you really need apt only to install libgtk-3-dev (and libasound2-dev if you want TONE and BEEP to work properly and not just call gdk_display_beep()). Everything else, including git, make, gcc, and all the other required headers and libraries, are part of the initial Raspbian install, at least if you go with the full version.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Print42 - thermal printer software for Free42 - Thomas Okken - 01-09-2020 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)