Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc?
04-22-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc?
(04-22-2014 07:31 PM)Han Wrote:  
(04-21-2014 08:06 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hi all.

Although I do favour the HP graphing calcs having a 48GX and 50G myself, I wonder if graphing calcs (even the TI, Casio and Sharp) need to be so thick and bulky. OTOH, I guess the trade-off for a graphing calculator is the need for a display to accomodate a sizable graph, data, MathPrint/Equation Writer display of equations, enough battery power, enough keys for alpha & numeric data as well as the function keys.

But, can a graphing calculator's form factor be streamlined/optimised and still be heavily functional?

I take it the HP Prime isn't thin enough? Granted the software is still being updated and newer features added, but the form factor seems about right to me.

Thanks for the update. Of the autonomic reflex to buy a new HP calc, I've been waiting this one out until the tech bumps have been smoothed over so, I've not seen the Prime. Now I know it's not falling into the bulky category.

Thanks for the specs update.

Sounds like I'll get one but first, have the software/firmware kinks been worked out?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can there be a slim & trim graphing calc? - Matt Agajanian - 04-22-2014 10:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)