stopwatch features on calculators
09-09-2018, 03:54 PM
RE: stopwatch features on calculators
(09-09-2018 12:36 PM)pier4r Wrote:  Found another functional program for the 50g. stopwatch C with a basic interface compared to multistopwatch.
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de/Englis...atch-C.zip

Someone at hp (identity not known) created a stopwatch program for the 48s/x, and it was later ported to the 48g/x. To differentiate between the two, they were referred to as SW-A and SW-B. I believe Andreas used those as the inspiration for his SW-C version which brought the same functionality to the 49-50 platform.

(09-09-2018 12:44 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(09-09-2018 11:18 AM)pier4r Wrote:  Anyway I was expecting some link to some super polished stopwatch programs for the 41 at least

None are needed. There's "SW" built into the Time Module (and into the DM41L).

Many years ago I had a 41 setup that included a Time Module (among other things). That was my original inspiration for creating what eventually became Multistopwatch. After I realized what kind of performance the platform supported, I decided to try drawing (and servicing) multiple timers simultaneously to see if I could make it work -- up to three worked well, but adding a fourth created too much overhead for the system to respond adequately. Having multiple timers active on the display seemed like a novelty at first, then I started to realize that I was using them more often than I would have thought. The hp calculator world didn't need another stopwatch, but it got one anyway. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
stopwatch features on calculators - pier4r - 09-08-2018, 03:13 PM
RE: stopwatch features on calculators - DavidM - 09-09-2018 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)