Base Conversion & Logical Operations: Prime vs. 28S/28GX/50g on EASE OF USE
08-21-2018, 05:26 AM
RE: Base Conversion & Logical Operations: Prime vs. 28S/28GX/50g on EASE OF USE
(08-21-2018 12:15 AM)JDW Wrote:  
(08-20-2018 10:18 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  as the link was in a post you responded to, I found it surprising you made no comment.

Except when I have come across a thread by browsing or searching, I only respond to threads when I receive an email notification that a reply has been made to a thread, and seeing I received no such email, I never saw the post you kindly linked for me. Thankfully, I received an email reply when you posted in this thread, and that is how I found the other thread. I will continue to reply in that other thread as I bug test the app.

(08-20-2018 10:18 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  Despite the jab? Since you mentioned again the jab in your video with relish, seemed only polite to respond with humour Smile

Let us put our disagreement to rest, once and for all. In a nutshell, the jabs began when your feathers were obviously ruffled in another thread by my having expanded (on-topic) the original thread you started. Without sending me a PM to express your grievance, you publicly claimed that I hijacked your thread. I continue to disagree with that assessment profoundly. Had I spoke about the merits of Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo and garnered numerous posts from others on that totally off-topic subject, then you would have been more than justified in saying I had hijacked your thread by speaking on such an absurd topic. But in fact, the title of that thread is BASE CONVERSION, and indeed that is how I found it using the SEARCH feature of this forum and is why I posted to it. So even if one argues I expanded the discussion, I was still on-topic with regards BASE CONVERSION. Whether I "shifted ground toward ease of use" is utterly irrelevant in that such ease of use pertained exclusively to BASE CONVERSION. For what it's worth, you suggested I started a new thread and I did. Now even after reading my words here, I doubt I will have converted you to my way of thinking when it comes to thread hijacking, but that's okay since we focused on numeric BASE conversion. :-)

(08-20-2018 10:18 PM)Stevetuc Wrote:  ...it seems like base48 should answer your needs.

Indeed, but such is not exclusive to me nor centered on me. That other thread was posted in a public forum without any dedication to me, and I am pleased by that, seeing it is for the public good. It's a wonderful app that should be on every Prime. May it please Prime users the world 'round! And thank you again for alerting myself and everyone else here about it. I certainly appreciate that.

Happy to bring to rest. I think your fascinating post makes my case much more profoundly than I ever could!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Base Conversion & Logical Operations: Prime vs. 28S/28GX/50g on EASE OF USE - Stevetuc - 08-21-2018 05:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)