Base Conversion & Logical Operations: Prime vs. 28S/28GX/50g on EASE OF USE
08-18-2018, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2018 07:34 AM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: Base Conversion & Logical Operations: Prime vs. 28S/28GX/50g on EASE OF USE
(08-17-2018 01:28 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  When working with other number bases, these are all basic operations, and I don't want to have to go digging through menus for them any more than I would y^x or log in standard decimal math mode. They shouldn't be any more than just a shift key away, and I definitely don't like systems that require you to put a special prefix/suffix on every numeric entry (#, in the case of the Prime and the 48).

I'm with you on this, when I work in Hex mode I don't want to have to specify for each number that it is an integer, I just want to type the number with the minimum keystrokes.

(08-17-2018 09:14 AM)JDW Wrote:  So what I would like to see is a similar methodology on the Prime, when it comes to base conversions and logical operations, targeted at efficiency, speed, and ease of use. And just because no one has so boldly asked for this before doesn't mean it isn't needed or wanted. I assure you, if the process of base conversion and logical operations could be made faster and more efficient on the Prime, few would have much to complain about it.

Well there doesn't seem to be a strong need for RPL-like base functions on the Prime.
The Prime has been released 5 years ago and still there is no program close to what you're looking for.

So, I spent a few hours on this topic and wrote a small app doing just that, Base functions in a simplified RPL-like environment: Base48.

The beauty of programmable calculators is that they are programmable. You miss something? Just write a program for it.
But it seems nowadays that there are less and less programmers and more talkers than makers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Base Conversion & Logical Operations: Prime vs. 28S/28GX/50g on EASE OF USE - Didier Lachieze - 08-18-2018 07:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)