Plastic slip cover so hard to take off!
07-28-2018, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2018 06:47 PM by Joe Horn.)
RE: Plastic slip cover so hard to take off!
My solution might work for you too: Hold the Prime with both hands, with your thumbs on top, between the logo and the edges, and with all your fingers on the back just below your thumbs. Now SQUEEZE your thumbs towards your fingers; this bows the cover slightly, which forces those offending bumps inside to move apart slightly. While still squeezing, use your thumbs to slide the cover downwards.

This has always worked for me (8 different Primes), and presents no danger to the display.

Reducing the height of those bumps is tempting, but personally I'd be afraid that doing so would eventually result in the cover becoming TOO easily removed, which is what happened to all my 49G's, whose covers no longer stay on in a backpack.

EDIT: I just noticed that the Prime User Guide says, "Remove the cover by grasping both sides of it and pulling down." Ha! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin What a joke. Unless they meant the front side and back side... in which case that's my solution too. But they could have been clearer about it!

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plastic slip cover so hard to take off! - Joe Horn - 07-28-2018 06:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)