[VA] SRC#001 - Spiky Integral
07-15-2018, 09:55 PM
RE: [VA] SRC#001 - Spiky Integral
(07-15-2018 09:03 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  .
Hi, Gerson:

Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:I haven't trodden any of the hard (and beautiful) paths you all have done. Instead, I took an unallowed (according to Valentin's rules) and dull shortcut.

I never said any of that, Gerson, and I didn't stablish any rules whatsoever so you hardly could've taken "an unallowed { VA: by whom ? not me ... } and dull shortcut."

The only thing I said was this:
  • "Your results are correct, congratulations, but without explaining why would you compute the numerators and denominators that way it all seems a "magic trick" unrelated to the problem at hand as the relation to the integral seems shrouded in mystery"
because until you posted your very detailed (thank you !) rationale for your direct computation that was exactly the case and none was the wiser.

Hello, Valentin,

Sorry for the misunderstanding! No, that was not what has elicited my comment about my possible infringement to your rules, which basically are “not googling for solutions”. Since I did google for an OEIS sequence, which eventually led me to a solution, it later appeared to me that I had done something that might be considered “illegal” or “unallowed”.
Thanks for your always interesting problems and solutions!

Gerson.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC#001 - Spiky Integral - pier4r - 07-11-2018, 11:10 AM
RE: [VA] SRC#001 - Spiky Integral - Pjwum - 07-12-2018, 10:32 AM
RE: [VA] SRC#001 - Spiky Integral - Gerson W. Barbosa - 07-15-2018 09:55 PM
RE: [VA] SRC#001 - Spiky Integral - DavidM - 07-15-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: [VA] SRC#001 - Spiky Integral - Werner - 07-18-2018, 06:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)