Transfer files between HP-71b/PC and then to HP-75c
07-04-2018, 01:43 AM
RE: Transfer files between HP-71b/PC and then to HP-75c
(07-03-2018 03:20 PM)Paul Berger (Canada) Wrote:  Richard,

The built in support for HPIL on the 75C is quite limited, however if you do not have an I/O ROM, which greatly expands the support for HPIL, you may want to get a copy of the I/O utilities (HPILCMD) LEX which contains 'SENDIO' and 'ENTIO$' which will ease the pain a little. Available at http://www.series80.org/Misc/HPILCMD.bin the manual is available in the MoHPC document collection.

Paul.

Thanks for the replies everyone. So great that this group is still so active. I deliberated whether I should post something for two days, glad I did.

I have tried to get the HPILCMD.bin onto the HP-75c but I have had no luck. My approach was
- Use EMU-71 with my HP-71b with EXTFILES lex. I have noted whilst you can see all the different file types with this lex you cannot copy unsupported files to the real or emulated HP-71?
- In EMU-71 Typing copy WS_FILE:HDRIVE2 TO :SERIAL1. I ended up renaming WS_FILE to HPILCMDS as I noted some were having issues with the name.
- On my HP-71b, typing COPY :RS232 TO HPILCMDS:TAPE

This all seems to go fine but and HPILCMDS does appear on the HP82164a tape catalog as L-75 type but it appears to be the incorrect size (L-75 61). Plugging the HP-75c in and trying to copy the HPILCMDS lex off the tape gives a "password" error?

In regards to tapes you are correct, its not a long term solution. I am lucky to have about 25 used tapes (1/2 work, some can be repaired) and a box of ten unused/unwrapped tapes I cannot bring myself to openSmile

I really have come to appreciate the HP-71b, I just couldn't resist a HP-75c for AU$30 on ebay.

I need to sell something to justify a Pil-Box Smile Binary transfer to the HP-75c from PC seems to have beaten me. I may keep my eye out for the I/O ROm but skimming the manual indicates it will not help in transferring lex files anyway?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transfer files between HP-71b/PC and then to HP-75c - coitboy2000 - 07-04-2018 01:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)