Repainting voyager logo badge
07-11-2018, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2018 08:13 PM by striegel.)
RE: Repainting voyager logo badge
(07-07-2018 04:13 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I'd use metal foil. It's a super-thin foil that is rubbed on and it's used by modelers to create chrome trim on scale models. It's shinier than any paint and you can actually see reflections in it. It's available in silver, black, gold, and copper at most modeling hobby sites such as https://www.bare-metal.com/bare-metal-foil.html. I have no connection with this particular site other than being a satisfied customer.

It seems worth a try. I have ordered the chrome and gold offerings and plan to try them on an HP-12C and HP-15C when they arrive.

For both of these I already tried the Krylon leafing pens with poor results and on the 12C I also tried the Speedball Adhesive Pen Metal Leaf gold and it's not so good either.

Before I take another attempt, I plan to polish off all the remaining color and smooth the surface with extremely fine abrasive paper on a pane of glass (to keep the surface flat).

Alan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Repainting voyager logo badge - damaltor - 06-28-2018, 03:12 PM
RE: Repainting voyager logo badge - striegel - 07-11-2018 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)