Porting the NumWorks firmware to the HP Prime
06-13-2018, 06:22 PM
RE: Porting the NumWorks firmware to the HP Prime
1st: kudos for the work!
2nd: it is impressive how much the french communities does for calculators
3rd: Wait a moment. Has the prime only 1 Mib of internal storage for the firmware? (I am still impressed how people packs amazing stuff in so little space)
4th: is your Rom using the full keyboard of the prime.. ok read the github thread (nice!), it is not based on the real hardware yet.

5th: in the github thread debrouxl said that the HP prime is an unpopular calculator. (he is also registered here). I would be interested if that is the case.

The ti8x and casios were the king before the prime. Nonetheless the "unpopular" 50g & co I guess sold enough to keep it running until the main chip (a samsung chip) went out of production.

I am not sure where now the nspire or the casios are more popular than the prime, as the prime is not different from the others in terms of usages. I would bet aside from some countries they should divided the market equally more or less.

Plus from time to time we have reports of prime out of stock. Either HP is slowly stopping the production, or people buy them (although to let them end in a drawer or worse in a bin, sob).

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porting the NumWorks firmware to the HP Prime - pier4r - 06-13-2018 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)