Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users
06-05-2018, 03:03 PM
RE: Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users
(06-05-2018 02:05 PM)Ask Mait Wrote:  1) HP-48xx/ 49xx/ 39/ 42/all other HP calculators - Typically these are engineers' best friends but after using 35s almost exclusively in rpn mode for 9 years I have come to the conclusion that those are not my thing. I have found that I miss strokes (with 35s) and while rpn requires fewer key strokes, the extra force needed to push a key accompanied by the need to continuously check the screen for missed strokes slows me down. So for calculator/s I would like to stay away from HP however HP is my good books. My desktops have always been HPs, their website gives comprehensive information about all their product and they provide very good customer service here in Canada.

Please don't mix post-Fiorina's devices with an earlier, much more glorious, age.
You simply couldn't express such a thought if you would have used one of those HP calculators that had a proper keyboard. In your list it means, at least, 48 and 42 (but I didn't miss keystrokes on any 49, too).

You were only exposed to a 35s, bad luck. Please don't generalize.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice from Engineers who are also TI users - Massimo Gnerucci - 06-05-2018 03:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)