Anyone interested in a SDK41 compatible version of the 41C VASM source files?
05-29-2018, 12:15 AM
RE: Anyone interested in a SDK41 compatible version of the 41C VASM source files?
(05-28-2018 04:15 PM)Gene Wrote:  Ah, but pressing XEQ does not mean you always want ALPHA. XEQ 00 through XEQ 99 are perfectly valid possibilities.

The designers had to choose which default to use. Perhaps a flag might have been used to indicate the XEQ mode, but life is short and flags are all used. :-)

I immediately had the same thought.... BUT, if it did default to toggle Alpha mode ON, you could always hit it again to shut it off, then enter the numbers. Since, in general, one probably uses Alpha after XEQ, rather than a numeric label, FAR more often, the price of hitting the extra Alpha when one wants to use numeric labels would be well worth it.

I use an analogous library on my 48 machines (thank you Raymond Del Tondo) which automatically enters Alpha mode when you press ['] and similar commands that require Alpha arguments. It is so natural, it's awkward when I first start to use a 50g since I have to manually enable Alpha mode.

Although trivial sounding, this small improvement is very convenient, quickly becomes second nature, and it would be nice to have it on 41CL machines, though no idea if such a change is feasible and easily implemented. If difficult, I'd say it's not worth it.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone interested in a SDK41 compatible version of the 41C VASM source files? - rprosperi - 05-29-2018 12:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)