Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
05-05-2018, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2018 11:21 AM by Graham D. Wilson.)
RE: Beware not to buy HP Prime, if you are engineer!
(05-05-2018 04:06 AM)emersone12 Wrote:  The Prime's system is also a work in progress but the Prime should have been made as a customisable development platform just like the re-configurable HP30B/HP20B was able to be customized & developed by the communty into the successful work of art, the WP-34s.

Exactly^^

I would love the Prime to be an open system, but suspect that would invalidate its use in education. I also would love to see the Prime turned into an RPL machine. The Prime's internal software system is nowhere near as elegant as the 48/49/50 series recursive stack/object design.

The Prime is HP's most powerful calculator. My Prime Home screen is permanently on RPN and I love being able to use the Prime's RPN interface for exploration, just as Bill Wickes described this power of RPN when he introduced the HP28S in his book.
The Prime's keyboard layout is simple and elegant, and reminds me of the 28S, which I really like. But the software interface is inelegant and cludgy: e.g. I'm amazed that after five years the Prime's soft keys aren't yet customisable. Why not?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)