Problem using emulator with connectivity kit (Solved)
05-06-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: Problem using emulator with connectivity kit
(05-03-2018 09:40 AM)tcab Wrote:  Also ensure you are connected to wifi. When I was on holiday and offline recently, my Prime to Connectivity Kit connection wasn't working on my laptop. Then I connected my laptop to my iPhone hotspot to check my email etc, and immediately the Prime emulator appeared in the HP Connectivity Kit panel.

Its a long shot, since everybody is on the internet most times, but I thought I'd mention it.

Since no one else is jumping in I assume my problem is something unique that I've messed up, and can hopefully fix.

My computer is a desktop, and thus permanently cabled to my router. Wi-Fi is on, but only to transfer stuff to my tablet and phone.

I checked the emulator and "IP Networking" was turned on in Preferences. This got me thinking, so I checked the Connectivity Kit and IP Networking was not turned on. Change that and the emulator reappeared.

Don't remember altering that setting, but I do have a bad habit of fiddling too much. Just glad to have the connection back. Posting my solution here so it's available for others.

Thanks tcab for your help and ideas!!

Geoff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem using emulator with connectivity kit - Geoff - 05-06-2018 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)