R/S program pausing CV vs CX
04-17-2018, 04:44 PM
R/S program pausing CV vs CX
Hi all,

I tried searching the forum but was unable to find an answer to my question regarding the use of the R/S key during program execution. So forgive me if this has already been explained somewhere else.

I have copies of the 41C/CV and CX manuals and a CX calculator but I could not find an definitive answer so I'm hoping you all could help me.

Am I correct in my understanding that for a 41C or 41CV, pressing the R/S key during program execution will stop the program at its current step leaving the display in ALPHA mode with a subsequent press of the R/S key causing the current program to resume?

I ask as when I tried this with my CX, the program will stop and resume with subsequent use of the R/S key but the display reverts to the numeric display (not the ALPHA) display showing the contents of the X-register.

I noticed this for programs that I found written for the C and CV that did not have PSE or PROMPT command to slow down or halt program execution so that output data could be recorded. For the programs I wrote for my CX, I purposely included PSE and PROMPT commands so that I could record the output.

Thanks

Just a nerd girl with too much alphabet soup behind her name and an HP-41CX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
R/S program pausing CV vs CX - ID_girl - 04-17-2018 04:44 PM
RE: R/S program pausing CV vs CX - Dieter - 04-17-2018, 06:34 PM
RE: R/S program pausing CV vs CX - ID_girl - 04-17-2018, 11:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)