HP29C Service Manual available
04-24-2018, 03:00 PM
RE: HP29C Service Manual available
As my 29C was playing up, and the battery pack wasn't that old, I felt sure it was something a bit more serious needing internal examination. So I hunted ... and hunted ... for a service manual for it. Finally found a photocopy on eBay, and it had 3 or 4 watchers. Was being sold by a French dealer in books/manuscripts I believe. Clearly had done his research as was described as "unfindable"! Finally got itchy fingers, and didn't want someone else buying it & so preventing me repairing mine, so splashed out. The actual quality of the photocopying was not up to modern standards, so I think the original copying was done years ago. Mine may be a copy of a copy for all I know. JC has very kindly donated me a 25 with working keyboard & display so I can do a Panamatix on it, as a thank-you for the doc. And I'm happy to see it finally in the public domain, and people benefitting from it.

Re my link above, I've put all the docs back in my folder, this time set them to read-only on Windows (no idea what Dropbox does in this respect), and I still have 725 MBytes available acc to Dropbox, so I have no idea why they vanished suddenly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP29C Service Manual available - CY-CL - 04-18-2018, 12:17 PM
RE: HP29C Service Manual available - AndyWalter - 04-24-2018 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)