Most impressive/complex/amazing C-series program?
04-22-2018, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2018 06:06 PM by Dieter.)
RE: Most impressive/complex/amazing C-series program?
(04-21-2018 03:51 PM)Mike (Stgt) Wrote:  (less important) it is just the inverse how I get r on the HP41 (lines 23..27).

Yes, that's a quite elegant way of doing a linear regression on the '41. Only the slope m has to be calculated directly, then the y-intercept is ybar – m·xbar and r is m · sx/sy.

(04-21-2018 03:51 PM)Mike (Stgt) Wrote:  BTW, I would replace step 7 by GTO 00 as it acts almost like a RTN, it set the program pointer to line 00 and halts execution...

A GTO 00 definitely would make sense here. Whether this resembles a RTN on other calculators depends on the device itself: The 34C, 15C, 35s and others indeed return to the top of memory ("step 0") if they encounter a RTN (without a pending subroutine call). On the other hand the 67/97 and the 41-series in this case behave as if there was a simple R/S, i.e. they stop at this line and another R/S would continue with the following step. I always wondered why HP did it once this way and once the other way.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)