hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018)
06-01-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018)
(12-04-2018 05:58 PM)edryer Wrote:  I have owned a few Casio's from the FX-602P upwards and their keyboards today are almost like those thirty years ago - they seem to have perfected the method they use - never, ever seen a keyboard failure on a Casio, and the tactile nature also seems the same over the years. This may well be because they manufacture all their own calculators? So its always been in-house?

I think the older Casio keyboards were more reliable than the later keyboards. They tend to use conductive rubber contacts in silicone rubber domes these days, which are prone to failure due to wear or (for some manufacturers of remote controls, maybe not Casio) leaching of plasticizers. The earlier models used non-conductive silicone rubber domes activating a membrane keyboard underneath, and also had double-injected plastic keys - none of this printed rubbish!

Having said that, I haven't experienced any reliability issues with Casio keyboards myself, unlike TI and later HP models.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018) - ijabbott - 06-01-2019 05:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)