hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018)
12-04-2018, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2018 09:28 PM by edryer.)
RE: hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018)
The 28S in my opinion is the finest keyboard known to man... when I started using it my impression was like smooth velvet with a satisfying click. I have never known a keyboard so good, and I think after this with the 48S/SX and 48G/GX they were good, still HP quality but not as good.

Incidentally little things I recall about the SX vs S/G/GX was the HP emblem being printed on the G series... but a plate on the SX, definitely a cost cutter, and the weight of the G was quite a bit lighter than the SX that I had (but that could be because the G has no expansion slots).

My issue with the 50G keyboard is the variance, one has firm clicks with a satisfying click, the other is completely soft (in all keys so I doubt it is wear) but still not bad. The difference if you use them side by side is instantly noticeable.

Keyboard ratings in my order (limited experience).

28S
41CV
48 series
50G (Sample 1)
50G (Sample 2)
35s

I have owned a few Casio's from the FX-602P upwards and their keyboards today are almost like those thirty years ago - they seem to have perfected the method they use - never, ever seen a keyboard failure on a Casio, and the tactile nature also seems the same over the years. This may well be because they manufacture all their own calculators? So its always been in-house?

HP-28S (1988 US model), DM41X (2020)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp 50G build quality in today's standards (2018) - edryer - 12-04-2018 05:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)