(12C) Solve f(x)=0 with modified Regula Falsi method
03-26-2018, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2018 04:51 PM by Dieter.)
RE: (12C) Solve f(x)=0 with modified Regula Falsi method
(03-26-2018 01:04 PM)Gamo Wrote:  The modify version also used Register 3 in the program, is that OK to use in the
f(x) program with RCL 3 ?

Yes, x is always stored in R3 before the function is called. So you can use "RCL 3" for every occurence of x. And of course x it is also passed in the X-register. ;-)

(03-26-2018 01:04 PM)Gamo Wrote:  Newton's Method is more cumbersome to input all the necessary data for regular user such as Store Initial Guess, Store tolerance

Take a look at the Newton version I posted in the respective thread. It's the same 41 lins but the user only has to store the tolerance. Of course this program can also be modified so that it uses the same method as the Regula Falsi program: compare the last two rounded approximations. This way there is no need to enter a tolerance. In other words: all this can also be done with the Newton program.

(03-26-2018 01:04 PM)Gamo Wrote:  I like to know how long it take to compute with the older version of the HP-12C For comparison Newton's Method run slow on HP-11C but with Regula Falsi this method run faster and very reliable it can take almost any equation with ease.

I can't say anything about execution times on a classic hardware 12C but beware: for every method there are cases where the algorithm will be slow or even fail. There is no universal method that will always return an exact result reliably and fast.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (12C) Solve f(x)=0 with modified Regula Falsi method - Dieter - 03-26-2018 04:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)