DM42 Display Control Tutorial
03-25-2018, 03:57 PM
DM42 Display Control Tutorial
The new DM42 has such a beautiful display with the capabilities that far surpass any other calculator short of the HP Prime. I've poured through the HP42S manual, the HP42S programming manual, the free 42S manual along with DM42 Users Manual. The commands are available for display control using CLLCD, VIEW, AVIEW, PIXEL, AGRAPH, GrMod and flags 34 & 35. I'm working through Bill (Smithville NJ)'s post on "Displaying String on Free42 & DM42 so I can understand the ways to take complete control of the DM42 display at each resolution (up to 400x240). What I'd like to see is someone write a DM42 display control tutorial, beginning with some simple example programs and ending up with something like Bill's completely new font set. I had written a program to output some values using AVIEW. While this gives me the values and a string in the upper portion of the DM42 display, it still displays the X, Y, Z and T values. I'd prefer to clear the X,Y,Z, T values from the display and just display the string value or any other output from the program I'm running. Once exiting the program, I'd like to return to the normal 4 value stack (X, Y, Z, T) display.

Am I missing something simple on DM42 display control? I'm still experimenting with flags 34 & 35 and perhaps therein lies the answer to my problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DM42 Display Control Tutorial - jjohnson873 - 03-25-2018 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)