82240B printhead fried itself in a puff of smoke
02-25-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: 82240B printhead fried itself in a puff of smoke
@ toml_12953 That's exciting news that the replacement printheads for these still exist - thanks. I wonder if these are old stock from the 80's or manufactured reasonably recently - I've heard that electronics e.g. capacitors can get old and crack etc. over time.

@John Keith Good point. The way the printer was behaving when it worked was that it would print ok for a while but then print a blocky character on the extreme left of the paper and then stop. The red light on the front of the printer would go out and I would have to turn the printer off and on to recover. Prevalent when TRACE mode was on. It might have been the printhead overheating and shutting itself down to protect itself? Anyway, I thought it was a software infra red issue with the DM42 so there is a thread on that forum. Given what happened with my printhead, its probably more likely that my printer was at fault.

Anyone know how to open up the 82240B? I found two screws in the battery compartment, but am stuck looking for the next step to opening up the case.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 82240B printhead fried itself in a puff of smoke - tcab - 02-25-2018 10:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)