Why do business calculators have log/exp but not basic trig functions?
02-20-2018, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 01:56 PM by Eddie W. Shore.)
RE: Why do business calculators have log/exp but not basic trig functions?
(02-20-2018 08:49 AM)martinot Wrote:  I would like to complement my scientific calculators with a good financial one.

Requirements:

As Gene points out I would like it to preferably also do trig functions.
I would also like it to have RPN as an option (if possible).
It should be possible to buy new from somewhere (even if no longer in production).

What do you recommend:

HP 12C Platinum (or other models).
HP 30b
HP 17 B II Plus

Any other models to consider (still possible to somewhere buy new)?

On that list, only the 30b offers trig functions that you would not have to program those functions yourself. If you decided on the HP 12CP or HP 17B II+ there are resources that have programs and equations to calculate the trig functions.

All three listed have RPN as an option.

The most readily available would be the HP 12C Platinum.

If you decide on the HP 12C Platinum or and don't mind carrying around two calculators (instead of programming all the trig functions all the time only to erase it because something else is needed), consider complimenting it with a compact scientific calculator, like the Casio fx-260 (it's $10 or less)).

The HP 10BII+ is an alternative, however it is algebraic, not RPN, and it is not programmable. But you get the trig functions in addition to everything else Gene has listed out of the box.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do business calculators have log/exp but not basic trig functions? - Eddie W. Shore - 02-20-2018 01:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)