What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer
04-09-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer
(04-08-2014 08:40 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  
Quote:Wow, I guess so!! How did you scan and assemble it so quickly? Scant hours after the discussion, it's online. I would not even have found mine yet...

What, your all-in-one printer didn't come with a team of scanner elves? Wink

(04-08-2014 09:53 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Hi Katie,

Quote:What, your all-in-one printer didn't come with a team of scanner elves?

Last year I picked up a Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500. Reasonably priced (less than $500), small enough to set on corner of desk, and can scan 25 sheets, both sides, per minute in color. In a half hour, I can scan a 500 page manual and have a perfect PDF. I cut the spline off, scan it in and then have it spiral bound at Staples. It also has Wi-Fi so you can scan directly to a computer, tablet or cell phone (although I've never used it that way , other than to test it).

Bill

Sadly Katie, no elves, and its even an HP! I guess I didn't get the right bundle. It happens when you buy online; you just can't tell what you might end up with...

And I agree with Bill's recommendation - the Fujitsu scanners aren't cheap, but they are the best ones available period, as long as you don't need a flatbed. I've installed some that scan 500+ pages a day, every day. They just keep working and never jam. Recommended if you do a lot of scanning.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best BASIC Pocket Computer - rprosperi - 04-09-2014 01:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)