Let the Prime Increase your College Courses Grades
01-24-2018, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2018 04:55 PM by lschroeder1947.)
Let the Prime Increase your College Courses Grades
This was then - calculator only - CD in back of textbook - no pretty input

[Image: bc_tool_guide.gif]

and this is now. - calculator anytime, everywhere - Tutorial anytime, everywhere - pretty input and output

HP Prime Guide Algebra Fundamentals

[Image: hp_guide_alg_fund_toc_1.gif]

The old TI-89 increased my students grade. I gave two part tests. One part, no calculator, and second part calculator allowed but not required. If they had the wrong answer, partial credit only given if you showed your work. Before the 89 no perfect scores, now 5 out of 30 students got perfect scores. Beside perfect scores almost every student passed with a C or higher with most getting a higher examine scores then they ever got in previous math classes. At first many older students hated the calculator, but by the end they were won over too. Students now loved math. The TI-89 allowed students to fulfill their college dreams. Many told me without the TI-89 they would not have made the math requirements to get a college degree.

I am now retired. I feel the HP Prime can do this even better, not just my previous students, but all college students world wide can get better grades. Being available as Free, Pro, Virtual, and handheld makes it available to all and being on their phone allows it always to be there. In the next couple of post I show how the HP Prime Guide works and how my prior students used the TI-89 and how the HP Prime can do the same or better.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Let the Prime Increase your College Courses Grades - lschroeder1947 - 01-24-2018 04:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)