What happened to VM Electronics from HEPAX fame
11-25-2017, 10:48 PM
What happened to VM Electronics from HEPAX fame
Does anyone know what happened to the company and the authors of the HEPAX? Would love to know!

Cheers

PeterP

Cheers,

PeterP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2017, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2017 08:40 AM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: What happened to VM Electronics from HEPAX fame
I'd imagine they moved on to greener pastures, I too would like to know.
The name included in the HEPAX bank#4 is Steen Petersen, I think he also wrote a bit in DataFile back then but I can't trace the references...

ÁM
11-26-2017, 04:11 PM
The Open Database Of The Corporate World: VM ELECTRONICS ApS
11-27-2017, 07:30 AM
(11-26-2017 04:11 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  The Open Database Of The Corporate World: VM ELECTRONICS ApS

Very nice, so it's possible that "VM" stood for Vesterli-Madsen based on last names??
05-24-2020, 12:35 PM
I know this is an old thread, but for fun I searched for HEPAX - first time ever(!) - and eventually found this site and this question.

Indeed VM originated from Vesterli and Madsen - I joined the company after it was named. They needed someone to write all the software for the HEPAX module - which I did - while Sten Vesterli developed all the hardware.

It was fun while it lasted, but we did not manage to sell enough HEPAX modules to pay the bank, so we finally had to close the company.

It is cool to see all the nice comments about the HEPAX modules - it was hard work back in the days and good the see it is appreciated.

Regards,
Steen Petersen
05-24-2020, 05:24 PM
Brilliant work but bad timing. I believe you released it just a couple of years before they quit making the 41. I bought one from educalc and loved it. Sadly when my HP41CX died in the 1990s I gave it away. I wish I still had it.
05-24-2020, 05:47 PM
Steen Hepax still lives in the HP 41CL and the HP-41X in new ways... Please stay and contribute here. I'm sure there will be lots of questions for you.
05-24-2020, 06:13 PM
(05-24-2020 05:47 PM)Gene Wrote:  Steen Hepax still lives in the HP 41CL and the HP-41X in new ways... Please stay and contribute here. I'm sure there will be lots of questions for you.

... as well as loads of interesting information for you on the (still lasting development) of the HP-41 by gifted people here around Smile

Belated "thank you very much for the HEPAX", Steen!

Regards
Juergen
05-24-2020, 09:05 PM
(05-24-2020 12:35 PM)SteenPetersen Wrote:  It is cool to see all the nice comments about the HEPAX modules - it was hard work back in the days and good the see it is appreciated.

Thanks for all your brilliant work, Steen.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2020, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2020 08:57 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(05-24-2020 12:35 PM)SteenPetersen Wrote:  It is cool to see all the nice comments about the HEPAX modules - it was hard work back in the days and good the see it is appreciated.

So glad you dropped by, not everyday one hears from the giants on whose shoulders we stand, but today it is one of those days... Thanks so much for your work, really a masterpiece and unquenchable source of enjoyment all these many years.

Once touted as "the holy grail" of the 41 environment, the HEPAX was a peerless achievement, no doubt it opened new dimensions to the state of the art: sub-functions, 4 banks, self-reallocating, full-fledged MLDL file system utilities, super-clean and tidy MCODE to learn so much from ... To this day it's still appreciated and a testimony to the great legacy of the platform. For all that we have to thank you, long live the HEPAX !

Best,
Ángel Martin
05-25-2020, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2020 07:57 PM by Artur - Brasil.)
(05-24-2020 12:35 PM)SteenPetersen Wrote:  I know this is an old thread, but for fun I searched for HEPAX - first time ever(!) - and eventually found this site and this question.

Indeed VM originated from Vesterli and Madsen - I joined the company after it was named. They needed someone to write all the software for the HEPAX module - which I did - while Sten Vesterli developed all the hardware.

It was fun while it lasted, but we did not manage to sell enough HEPAX modules to pay the bank, so we finally had to close the company.

It is cool to see all the nice comments about the HEPAX modules - it was hard work back in the days and good the see it is appreciated.

Regards,
Steen Petersen
=================================================
Wow!!! The man who who programmed HEPAX - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You need to update yourself with some news that, I believe, used your ideas: NOVRAM, CLONIX, MLDL and HP-41CL. Great improvements for 41C system!

Artur - Brazil

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
05-26-2020, 08:06 PM
Thanks all for your kind words!

Steen
06-01-2020, 06:07 AM
Hi Steen, all,

As the developer of some of the "grandsons" (NoV's) of the HEPAX, I also want to say a big Thank you! for your outstanding job. :-)

Best wishes from Canary Islands.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)