Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED]
11-20-2017, 03:59 AM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED]
(11-14-2017 02:36 AM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Anyone else has this problem:

When creating a program through the Program Catalog, the program is created but the calculator resets. Same thing when I try to delete programs.

This happens to only affect C hardware.

Eddie

I have notified calcbeta@hp.com of this

I have this issue with A version when sorted Alphabetically
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2017, 11:18 AM
I installed the beta version of the Connectivity kit, the beta version of the emulator, but how does one get the beta software on the handheld? I have a folder on my pc containing the unzipped files.
Best regards,
Pieter
11-21-2017, 12:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2017 12:03 PM by salvomic.)
(11-21-2017 11:18 AM)Pieter Wrote:  I installed the beta version of the Connectivity kit, the beta version of the emulator, but how does one get the beta software on the handheld? I have a folder on my pc containing the unzipped files.
Best regards,
Pieter

hi,
on Mac OS X put the files in:
Code:
/Users/username/Documents/HP\ Connectivity\ Kit/Firmware
In Windows in:
Code:
C:\Users\username\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware

Start Connectivity Kit, plug the Prime with usb, and Try!

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Hello Salvo,

Great, I've got it working, thanks for your advise.
regards,
Pieter
11-21-2017, 01:29 PM
(11-21-2017 12:38 PM)Pieter Wrote:  Hello Salvo,

Great, I've got it working, thanks for your advise.
regards,
Pieter

you're welcome, Pieter! Smile

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-22-2017, 09:42 PM
I have imported the 171115 OS beta to my computer successfully (and also the Connectivity Kit). When I click on the connectivity kit and select update my calculator, the connectivity kit finds the new update. When I click on update, my calculator goes into the recovery mode, but is dropped from the connectivity kit, and has no connection to receive the upgrade.

How do I get the connectivity kit to remain in contact with the calculator to receive the upgrade?
11-22-2017, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2017 10:12 PM by Tim Wessman.)
Unplug it, leave it in that "recovery mode", close the connkit, connect to a *different* USB port, then open it.

Windows 10 sometimes gets stuck with old units and won't detect they are connected. If you don't hear the usb connection noise, just leave it 10 minutes and come back. It will most likely have connected by then. If you are trying to use a mac, it can't handle updating old units that are more then about a year old firmware wise.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Thanks Tim and happy Thanksgiving. The Connectivity Kit drops the calculator (display drops my calculator name and shows zero devices connected to the kit when the calculator goes into recovery screen). When I close the connectivity kit, the firmware update screen remains open. Should I close the firmware update screen as well when closing the connectivity kit? When reconnecting, should the calculator reappear on the connectivity kit? So far, I have not had success...

Thanks!
11-25-2017, 02:12 PM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Firmware [UPDATED] FEEDBACK General
I've just installed and found it great!

For my use, the 3D Graph is great. It's easy to use. It means a new era in Prime's use for Engineering. It might substitute apps like Geogebra I use in classroom. Great initiative with great result. Congratulations to development team!

I can see also a huge improvement to Financial functions. It seems to cover all the most used tools people are used to apply in HP 12c. I'm not any expert in financial, but I'd like to suggest a couple of improvements:

1) To add an "OK" softbutton to help user step forward just after choosing the Calculation Method in SYMB View. It took me a couple of minutes to realize that I should change to NUM View to start using the selected method. It sounded me that nothing was happening, that it could be a bug!

2) Specifically about Portuguese language translation, I'm afraid there might be some misuse for the word "Equilibrar". Literally, "Equilibrar" is a translation for "Balance", but it's not the only one. "Balance" can be "Equilibrar" (verb) when the matter is, for example, to equalize a scale, or to place something standing up in such position that requires equal forces all around. But "Balance" should be translated as "Balanço" (substantive) when the subject is the accounting of remaining quantities or amounts, such as how much you have left every month after paying all your duties or the remaining energy after a chemical reaction. The use of "Equilibrar" instead of "Balanço" makes it almost impossible to understand, unless you can realize it's a translation issue.

Thank you.
Regards,
Ciro Bruno.
11-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Tried to upgrade to beta on another computer, and it worked! Thanks, Tim!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)