41CL Serial Plug Cover Lock
09-30-2017, 01:28 PM
41CL Serial Plug Cover Lock
While doing the tests for the 41CL auto-update HHC-2017 presentation, I had to constantly insert and remove the 41CL serial plug connector.
Because the serial plug connector lock is way stronger than the 41 standard plug cover lock, I have to put my finger on the 41 plug cover to prevent its removal.
I was always afraid one day to forget my finger and then damage one of my 41CL small serial wire, so I had to find a solution to this.
After several tests I came to a simple, almost free, non-permanent and non-conductive solution to the problem ... a wooden toothpick!
Cut at the proper length and inserted between the standard plug cover lock place, it effectively lock the 41 plug cover in place and solve the problem once and for all.
It work better with a 3D printed 41 plug cover like this one: CL Serial Module Cover NH.
The material is more bendable than the hard plastic of the original 41 plug cover, plus the hole for the serial connector is already there.
Here is the picture of the solution: CL Serial Module Cover NH locked in place
Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2017, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 08:26 PM by Neve.)
RE: 41CL Serial Plug Cover Lock
Nice!

Engineer & Senior IT Executive
2x HP41CL, HP41CX, HP48GX, HP50g, 2x82162A Printer, 2x82143A Printer, 2x HP-IL, 2x Card-Readers, PIL-BOX.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)