Suggestion for User Guide improvement
09-18-2017, 10:45 AM
Suggestion for User Guide improvement
[Attention, lords of the prime]:

I would like to suggest that the next user guide, ("if any," as Tim says), include an interactive feature where users can input either supplemental notes or examples, for each of the commands listed.

I have often found it necessary to capture certain nuances, learned along the way, that can significantly impact the success or failure of commands to work. I appreciate how difficult it would be to include all the ways and means for each command, especially when necessarily translated into the various publication languages. If the a pdf version of the user guide was able to be expandable, with content that only my own local working file contained, it would be tremendously worthwhile to frequent users using certain commands infrequently!

I recently needed to find the equation of a tangent line to a curve at a point. The trip down that system of commands that ultimately provided the solution, turned out to be fairly small. BUT...there were nuances to those commands that had to be included, not described in any printed version, that I would NOT want to forget as time goes on, if need arises.

I'm thinking of an editable "form" that can somehow be triggered on, within the local copy of the pdf UG file, at each command's section, or index entry. I'm not familiar enough with Adobe Acrobat Pro, and I only have the free reader version, anyway, which doesn't support that activity. There's probably another way, but I don't know how to go about it, at the moment.

If this could be done, (in line with hp procedures, policies, etc.), you would get all the good guy points for the day, that I can offer!

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: Suggestion for User Guide improvement
Do you know that you can add a note in a pdf file with the free Acrobat Reader?
09-18-2017, 01:38 PM
I hadn't thought about using notes like that. Great tip!

Is there any legitimate way to extract the entire on-calc help file, and save it as a human readable pdf, (from the virtual calculator, anyway)?

Any thoughts on that idea?
09-18-2017, 02:03 PM
I had thought notes were short remarks.
Arno

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)