Fun with HP-65 & RPN too
08-28-2017, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017 08:59 PM by Matt Agajanian.)
Fun with HP-65 & RPN too
Thanks to Willy Kunz, I've been made aware of a three-part HP-65 video series on how to use the HP-65. From the looks of it and its production style & narration, this must've been the original video series when the 65 was introduced. Once again, thanks to Willy Kunz for the original mention. Here the videos are:

Learning to Use the HP 65 Part 1

Learning to Use the HP 65 Part 2

Learning to Use the HP 65 Part 3

And here's the whole three-part video (56 minutes):

HP-65 Training (all 3 parts)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2017, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017 09:27 PM by Jlouis.)
RE: Fun with HP-65 & RPN too
Yes, these videos are really fun, a pleasure to watch.

These are a courtesy of Mark Hardman, that made it available here for download some time ago.

I remember him telling us that it took years to manage the rendering and restoring the videos from original tapes to digital format. Thanks again Mark!

I have them safely kept in a HD, tablet and in the cloud, just in case....

Cheers
08-28-2017, 09:43 PM
(08-28-2017 09:25 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  Yes, these videos are really fun, a pleasure to watch.

These are a courtesy of Mark Hardman, that made it available here for download some time ago.

I remember him telling us that it took years to manage the rendering and restoring the videos from original tapes to digital format. Thanks again Mark!

Cheers

Well, thanks to Mark for the YouTube access and engineering the video quality for restoration and enhancement.
08-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Yes, I also thank Mark Hardman for these great old videos. Mark, there is a place for you in HP-65 heaven!

Don
08-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Matt, if you don't already have them, be sure to get the PPC Journal issues on PDF from Jake Schwartz. Tons of information on all the old HP programmables as it was discovered.
08-29-2017, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017 05:37 PM by Mark Hardman.)
(08-28-2017 09:25 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  These are a courtesy of Mark Hardman, that made it available here for download some time ago.

I have followed the recent Remember comp.sources.hp48? thread with interest. There are so many items of historical importance to The Community that have been lost forever. I was happy to to have successfully rescued these videos from the brink.

If anyone is interested, here is the forum thread where the videos can be downloaded:

Learning to use the HP-65 Training Videos - Finally

I'm extremely happy that someone has finally uploaded these to YouTube. I have no desire to use my time on mainstream social media. YouTube is particular pernicious. All it takes is a single click through to a Numberphile video, and I can guarantee several hours of my life will evaporate.

(08-29-2017 03:00 PM)Gene Wrote:  Matt, if you don't already have them, be sure to get the PPC Journal issues on PDF from Jake Schwartz. Tons of information on all the old HP programmables as it was discovered.

Since you mention The Community's most esteemed archivist...

I've tried contacting Jake in the hope that he would make these videos available as part of his offerings. I've never heard back from him. Certainly it is his prerogative as to where he focuses his energy. Could someone in closer contact to him, please let him know that they are available if he is interested.

Thanks,

Mark Hardman
Houston, TX (High and Dry)

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
08-29-2017, 06:34 PM
Quote:I've tried contacting Jake in the hope that he would make these videos available as part of his offerings. I've never heard back from him. Certainly it is his prerogative as to where he focuses his energy. Could someone in closer contact to him, please let him know that they are available if he is interested.

Hi Mark,

I must have missed your attempt to contact me.... I'll check out the video. From the thread there it appears that we're talking about a half gig file (527,231KB ?).
Perhaps this should at least be added to the USB flash-drive materials which are being collected for the upcoming HHC2017 conference in three weeks. The drives are 32Gig and they are definitely not full :-)

Thanks,
Jake
08-30-2017, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2017 12:59 PM by Gamo.)
Thank You to Mark Hardman
Those video are very helpful to learn RPN, Programing and the history of HP scienctific calculator.

Thank You

Gamo
08-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Hi all.

In Part 3 of this set, a further video is mentionted that focuses on advanced programming with the HP-65.

Where might I find that video?

Thanks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)