HP15c (and 12c) App Update
07-29-2017, 03:50 AM
HP15c (and 12c) App Update
Hi. Ever since the forum post about a public test beta for a new version of the iOS and Android app update back in March, I haven't heard much more about next steps and timelines.

Is there a proposed date when the public beta will end and whether a final release date is being discussed/agreed? The app keeps popping warning signs that it is using soon-to-be-retired iOS API calls and we devout 15c/12c users are keen to see an update.

Any further updates/information would be very much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2017, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017 03:45 PM by Matt Agajanian.)
RE: HP15c (and 12c) App Update
I have also been intrigued by this project. No matter what the end result will be, I'm looking forward to seeing at least a Voyager 15C mode and settings which make for an enhanced 15C in much the same way Willy's Cuvee RPN-67 has a whole encyclopaedia's worth of functions, memory, and programming enhancements.

Another enhancement I would propose is a setting for both the classic 15C horizontal layout and a portrait mode layout. To be honest, sometimes it becomes tiresome to hold an iPhone in landscape mode for extended periods of time.
07-29-2017, 06:02 PM
RE: HP15c (and 12c) App Update
(07-29-2017 03:40 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Another enhancement I would propose is a setting for both the classic 15C horizontal layout and a portrait mode layout. To be honest, sometimes it becomes tiresome to hold an iPhone in landscape mode for extended periods of time.

All 3 (12C, 12CP, 15C) of the HP Android emulators include a portrait mode (including auto-orientation-switch if enabled) with fewer, but larger, keys. Note though, these portrait-mode layouts include only the basic (and most common) keys for quick math: numerals, 4 primary operators, X<>Y, RDN, STO, RCL, 1/X, Sqrt(X), CLX, and ENTER.

Oddly, the 12C and 12CP include Sqrt(X), which I've suggested should be replaced with %, far more commonly used by any/all 12C/12CP users.

The 12CP Portrait mode includes a few bonus features like a bill splitter, tip calculator, Undo, and a few more keys algebraic users would need (=, parenthesis).

They work well and are a good trade-off of features and speed/convenience. Some folks undoubtedly will want the full feature set in portrait mode, but really, just twist your wrist.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)