Now I'm curious! How technology changed.
07-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Now I'm curious! How technology changed.
Hi there.

Thanks to the group here, I've learned how we went from the HP-65 to the SR-52 for starters.

I want to investigate a bit further. So, how and where can I learn a bit more about how microcode, op codes (the table referenced in another post), how the programming languages/technologies improved over the years that allowed for the capabilities and memory management that allowed the improvements from the 65 with partially merged keystroke to the fully merged keystrokes of the HP-67 to even how we got, for another example, a full numeric value in one program step (HP-41).

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: Now I'm curious! How technology changed.
(07-03-2017 10:42 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  So, how and where can I learn a bit more about how microcode, op codes (the table referenced in another post), how the programming languages/technologies improved over the years that allowed for the capabilities and memory management that allowed the improvements from the 65 with partially merged keystroke to the fully merged keystrokes of the HP-67 to even how we got, for another example, a full numeric value in one program step (HP-41).

The November 1976 and March 1980 issues of HP Journal are dedicated to the HP-67/97 and HP-41 respectively and contain a lot of detail about the design process, internal details, etc. written by the HP staff members that designed them, so a great place to start.

--Bob Prosperi
07-03-2017, 11:31 PM
RE: Now I'm curious! How technology changed.
Thanks! I'll be studying those in fine detail.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)