Hydrology and Hydraulic
04-27-2017, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 07:02 PM by PedroLeiva.)
Hydrology and Hydraulic
The following book has many programs developed for HP (25, 55, 65 and 67/97), SR (52 and 56), and also TI (57, 58 and 59). Its divided in two parts of 20 sections each, detailing many practical problems and solutions. The author is a recognized international expert.

Hydrologic and hydraulic computations on small programmable calculators. 1977. Thomas E. Croley. Iowa Institute of Hydraulic Research, University of Iowa, 837 pages. ISBN 0874140056

I bought the book via Amazon / Better World Books but it never came (lost in the mail); although I was reimbursed the money I ran out of the book. It is not found in the libraries of Argentina and apparently not digitized and available on the web. I asked the author and many Libraries for Xerox copies or PDF, without any answer.

I ask those who can get a copy or scan it, please send it to me; I am willing to pay for it. The topic is very little developed in the Forum, and is a very good opportunity to concentrate programming efforts on the theme. I was mainly thinking about HP 35s and HP-67; for the rest then it will be very easy to translate and improve

Any help will be welcome, Pedro
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2017, 10:56 PM
RE: Hydrology and Hydraulic
The book is available from several sellers via ABEBOOKS.COM here:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=21464821412&searchurl=isbn%3D0874140056%26sortby%3D17

Prices are quite reasonable too.

I don't know about shipping to Argentina, but there is a link to inquire about shipping. If not, contact me off board and I can help arrange to get it for you.

--Bob Prosperi
04-27-2017, 11:46 PM
Pedro

I have two copies of the book (2d printing); all 837 pages inside the orange hard covers. I'm willing to part with one of either copy as both are in excellent condition. Part I - Hydrologic Problems has 20 chapters {pgs 10-470}, Part II - Hydraulic Problems also has 20 chapters {pgs 474-837}.
If you have an interest in a particular topic, I'll try to accommodate in this forum.

BEST!
SlideRule
04-28-2017, 12:45 PM
(04-27-2017 10:56 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  The book is available from several sellers via ABEBOOKS.COM here:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=21464821412&searchurl=isbn%3D0874140056%26sortby%3D17

Prices are quite reasonable too.

I don't know about shipping to Argentina, but there is a link to inquire about shipping. If not, contact me off board and I can help arrange to get it for you.
The problem with second-hand books is that they pay little attention to it and more when there is only one copy available, also they assign a very cheap shipping system that eventually ends with the loss of the book.

SlideRule just wrote offering me one that he has in duplicate. Anyway thank you very much for taking care, Pedro
04-28-2017, 01:21 PM
(04-28-2017 12:45 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  The problem with second-hand books is that they pay little attention to it and more when there is only one copy available, also they assign a very cheap shipping system that eventually ends with the loss of the book.

SlideRule just wrote offering me one that he has in duplicate. Anyway thank you very much for taking care, Pedro

I have ordered many (!) used books from ABE and have never had a lost book, including books shipped from the UK. ABEBOOKS is just a listing service, the actual sellers are local book shops around the world (though most I've found are in US, but that could be due to the books I've searched for). They have the widest selection of anyplace I've searched, finding 4 copies of the rare book you are looking for is a good example. In many cases, sellers offer more expensive shipping with tracking, if delivery in Argentina is troublesome.

Anyhow, I agree in this case the copy from SlideRule is likely the best choice.

--Bob Prosperi
05-01-2017, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 12:35 AM by SlideRule.)
Members

Attached are 3 Acrobatâ„¢ files pertaining to Hydrologic & Hydraulic Computations on Small Programmable Calculators 3rd Printing 1982 by Thomas E. Crowley II, Ph.D.:
a) book review,
b) contents pg. xi,
c) Hp-67 program listing, Uniform flow - Circular conduit pg. 534.
Enjoy
[attachment=4740]
[attachment=4739]
[attachment=4741]

BEST!
SlideRule
ps: I hope the listing is error free
05-01-2017, 01:28 AM
(05-01-2017 12:33 AM)SlideRule Wrote:  Members

Attached are 3 Acrobatâ„¢ files pertaining to Hydrologic & Hydraulic Computations on Small Programmable Calculators 3rd Printing 1982 by Thomas E. Crowley II, Ph.D.:
a) book review,
b) contents pg. xi,
c) Hp-67 program listing, Uniform flow - Circular conduit pg. 534.
Enjoy

BEST!
SlideRule
ps: I hope the listing is error free
I have read the same comments and table of contents of the book, so my interest in it. I am very interested in knowing and executing the 39 programs that calculate the topics that the chapters enunciate. Pedro
05-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Members

Omitted a photo of the book (see below).
[attachment=4743]

BEST!
SlideRule

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)