1-AUG-2019 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
03-29-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: 25-MAR-2017 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
(03-29-2017 09:55 AM)akmon Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 09:23 PM)akmon Wrote:  Fantastic upgrade. This app is now a must have for Hp Prime. As Eric Reching says in his web: "Get it".

As a suggestion, a shorcut to the picture will improve the information. I remember to use it often even inserting values, it helps a lot. So if there were a quick way to watch the picture (for example, long press on the screen, or a virtual button on the screen or physical button) both in the equation menu and variable menu will be useful.

Hello Han, thank you for your last update. Just to know your opinion to my suggestion.

Well, it's only two keystrokes to reach the picture -- [View][3]. So when in the Symb view, I just use [View][3]. Right now I don't see any immediate way to reduce this down to a single key or screen touch without re-writing the Symb interface itself. (Likewise for the Num view -- or were you referring to the variables list with their descriptions?) It would seem like a lot of code just to reduce the keystrokes down by 1. Maybe when some time down the road the INPUT command gets some sort of update to allow for more customization, this may be possible.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Ook, it is more complicated than I supposed. yes , I mean de [NUM] menu. When you are inserting values you cannot access to the picture, sometimes it helps you to input data.
03-30-2017, 01:11 AM
(03-29-2017 01:16 PM)akmon Wrote:  Ook, it is more complicated than I supposed. yes , I mean de [NUM] menu. When you are inserting values you cannot access to the picture, sometimes it helps you to input data.

Yes, for now we only have the help prompt at the bottom to provide variable information. When a variable field is highlighted, the prompt at the bottom displays the variable name and its description. Hopefully newer firmwares will allow us to add in more complicated components such as images.

04-18-2017, 06:02 PM
Thanks a lot for this app. I was going crazy trying to find a solversys emulator or something similar.

I have just had a problem with the app. Once installed, I press plot to see the menu but the app redirects me to the graphing app, and an error pops up saying "Choose an equation". The thing is it has worked for the past 3 days. But I connected it to my PC and the app is useless now. I can only solve the system I have on screen right now but I cannot change to a different set of equations.

Do you know what happend? And more important, do you know how to solve it?

Thanks again.
04-20-2017, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 07:45 PM by Han.)
(04-18-2017 06:02 PM)arturocb Wrote:  Thanks a lot for this app. I was going crazy trying to find a solversys emulator or something similar.

I have just had a problem with the app. Once installed, I press plot to see the menu but the app redirects me to the graphing app, and an error pops up saying "Choose an equation". The thing is it has worked for the past 3 days. But I connected it to my PC and the app is useless now. I can only solve the system I have on screen right now but I cannot change to a different set of equations.

Thanks again.

Have you tried re-installing the app?

Or:

Press [Shift] [1] to view the Program Browser. At the top of the screen, you should see Equation Library (App). Select this and press [Enter] to view the source code. Then press [Esc] to immediately exit (this will "reset" the app). Then try solving again.

There is one other issue that may be causing problems. The most recent version saves messages to eqlib_debug.log as a Note. Press [Shift][0] to see all notes; if you do not see one named eqlib_debug.log then just create it.

04-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Hello Han! How are you?

I´m here again Smile
I having problems adding pictures to the systems that i have created.
How is the procedure?

First the thing that i try to do is with the same size of the other images that came with the app try to in Paint ( Smile , i don´t know other programm, what do you use? ) make with the same size the image. I saved it *.png
Then with the connectivity kit add to the same folder of the other images.
But when i move it does not appear in the list of the connectivity kit.

What am i doing wrong?
Maybe is beacause i use Paint? Do you recommend other programme?
Thanks in advance Smile

Thanks Han!!! - You have created "THE" App of all time
04-21-2017, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 02:16 PM by Han.)
(04-20-2017 07:58 PM)bruno2017 Wrote:  Hello Han! How are you?

I´m here again Smile
I having problems adding pictures to the systems that i have created.
How is the procedure?

First the thing that i try to do is with the same size of the other images that came with the app try to in Paint ( Smile , i don´t know other programm, what do you use? ) make with the same size the image. I saved it *.png
Then with the connectivity kit add to the same folder of the other images.
But when i move it does not appear in the list of the connectivity kit.

What am i doing wrong?
Maybe is beacause i use Paint? Do you recommend other programme?
Thanks in advance Smile

Are you trying to drop the image files directly into the HP Prime through the connectivity kit? The way I normally transfer the images is to first update a copy of the app residing in the Content pane of the connectivity kit window (it's just below the pane that shows all the calculators, whether real or virtual). If a copy does not exist, then just drag it from the calculator to the content pane. Now drag your images into this copy. Then I drag the modified copy into the calculator, overwriting what was there.

EDIT: By the way, you do not have to use any specific size image -- as long as they are no larger than 320x240, the app will automatically handle the images by determining their proper sizes. This assumes you are using version 1.000, though.

04-22-2017, 09:01 PM
You are "the" man!
Thanks!!

Thanks Han!!! - You have created "THE" App of all time
04-29-2017, 11:46 PM
Hello Han,
thank you for this lib,
but I have issue to display pictures. tested on HW calc.

for example, I picked "Electricity", "voltage divided"
I pressed [view], [3].
and I only get "Voltage Divider" in red on the screen without the expected picture (05).
I can see in CK that pictures are here in the calc, BTW.
Best Regards.

primer
04-29-2017, 11:56 PM
(04-29-2017 11:46 PM)primer Wrote:  Hello Han,
thank you for this lib,
but I have issue to display pictures. tested on HW calc.

for example, I picked "Electricity", "voltage divided"
I pressed [view], [3].
and I only get "Voltage Divider" in red on the screen without the expected picture (05).
I can see in CK that pictures are here in the calc, BTW.
Best Regards.

Is this the only system that does not properly display the picture? Or are you seeing similar issues with other examples?

If you type G2 into the command line, what do you see? It should show the voltage divider diagram. If not, try the following in the command line:

dimgrob_p(G2,1,1);
G2:=AFiles("img05.png");

Do you then see the diagram? Lastly, what firmware are you using? (Press the Help key, and go to "Tree" via the on-screen menu, and select "About HP Prime")

07-01-2017, 12:12 PM
(04-20-2017 07:45 PM)Han Wrote:  
(04-18-2017 06:02 PM)arturocb Wrote:  Thanks a lot for this app. I was going crazy trying to find a solversys emulator or something similar.

Thanks again.

Have you tried re-installing the app?

Or:

Press [Shift] [1] to view the Program Browser. At the top of the screen, you should see Equation Library (App). Select this and press [Enter] to view the source code. Then press [Esc] to immediately exit (this will "reset" the app). Then try solving again.

There is one other issue that may be causing problems. The most recent version saves messages to eqlib_debug.log as a Note. Press [Shift][0] to see all notes; if you do not see one named eqlib_debug.log then just create it.

I've a similar problem. I've recently bought this calculator because I think this is one of the best calculators around. I have an older Casio, but this is far more powerful.

Anyway, when i try to solve anything the calculator reboot. Out of the blue. I can never see any solution. So in the beginning I've tried to update the firmware to the latest version, after installing a VM with windows 7 (since W10 doesn't seem to like the hardware himself Sad ). Same result. I'm still learning how to use it, but in the default app (and in your other fantastic app, Graph3D) it never reboots on it's own. After trying and trying and reading the forum I've found this post where the latest version should create a eqlib_debug.log in the notes, where in my calculator none was found. After creating it for the first time the app spit out when solving a found local minimum with the simulation. Trying to go back and change something trigger another reboot. The notes was empty (again). If i switch the solver to the solve internal system of the Prime the app seems to work fine (but a lot of features are lost, like the name of the variables and the number of iterations). I've tried to search some debugging functions inside the program editor inside the calc itself, but with no luck.

Another problem is the similar cited above, sometimes after inserting the equation from the library and pressing num, the program empty the equation and say no equation found. Seems to be able to fix it by setting non RPN mode and the default pragma on the head of the software.

Do you think to know what is causing this or my calculator has some weird hardware related problem? The firmware is the latest (2016-07, or something like that).

Thanks a ton for your help and your software Smile
07-01-2017, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 03:50 PM by Han.)
To check your firmware version, press the Help key and then select "Tree" on the menu at the bottom of the screen. Then select "About HP Prime" to see the Software version. The build number is in parentheses. What build number are you using?

Indeed, it appears the merged version is missing the #pragma statement. Just add:

#pragma mode( separator(.,;) integer(h32) )

to the top of the app's source code.

I have not used RPN mode much (and no testing was done at all in RPN mode) so that could possibly be an issue. I am currently away but should be back in another week and will then be able to help further. In the meantime, you may want to try resetting everything to factory default and see if the app works for you in that setup. If so, then start changing your settings to how you prefer (one at a time) to see if they affect how the app behaves.

EDIT: Also, eqlib_debug.log must always exist as a Note file (this is a bug that I will address in the next update).
07-02-2017, 10:04 AM
(07-01-2017 03:48 PM)Han Wrote:  To check your firmware version, press the Help key and then select "Tree" on the menu at the bottom of the screen. Then select "About HP Prime" to see the Software version. The build number is in parentheses. What build number are you using?

Indeed, it appears the merged version is missing the #pragma statement. Just add:

#pragma mode( separator(.,Wink integer(h32) )

to the top of the app's source code.

I have not used RPN mode much (and no testing was done at all in RPN mode) so that could possibly be an issue. I am currently away but should be back in another week and will then be able to help further. In the meantime, you may want to try resetting everything to factory default and see if the app works for you in that setup. If so, then start changing your settings to how you prefer (one at a time) to see if they affect how the app behaves.

EDIT: Also, eqlib_debug.log must always exist as a Note file (this is a bug that I will address in the next update).

I don't really get what's happening. It seems the reboot of the calculator is triggered even on another event, when scrolling through the demo graph inside the plot app. I've tried the two last version from 2016 and both have the same problem, however with the 8151 from 2015 the calculator work great, no reboot whatsoever. The problem is that your software doesen't seem to be happy with the older connectivity suite and i don't get why.

Besides contacting HP (I'm waiting for the reenablement of the warranty status), anyone have a similar problem? What can i do?

Thanks, and sorry for the offtopic.
07-02-2017, 04:36 PM
(07-02-2017 10:04 AM)Rodomar705 Wrote:  I don't really get what's happening. It seems the reboot of the calculator is triggered even on another event, when scrolling through the demo graph inside the plot app. I've tried the two last version from 2016 and both have the same problem, however with the 8151 from 2015 the calculator work great, no reboot whatsoever. The problem is that your software doesen't seem to be happy with the older connectivity suite and i don't get why.

Besides contacting HP (I'm waiting for the reenablement of the warranty status), anyone have a similar problem? What can i do?

Try to reset to factory settings: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-261.html

Make sure that you have the most updated version of the connectivity kit and re-download the app onto the calculator. If you are still having trouble, you may want to re-flash the calculator to the most recent firmware (even if it is already installed).

07-03-2017, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 12:17 PM by Rodomar705.)
(07-02-2017 04:36 PM)Han Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 10:04 AM)Rodomar705 Wrote:  I don't really get what's happening. It seems the reboot of the calculator is triggered even on another event, when scrolling through the demo graph inside the plot app. I've tried the two last version from 2016 and both have the same problem, however with the 8151 from 2015 the calculator work great, no reboot whatsoever. The problem is that your software doesen't seem to be happy with the older connectivity suite and i don't get why.

Try to reset to factory settings: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-261.html

Make sure that you have the most updated version of the connectivity kit and re-download the app onto the calculator. If you are still having trouble, you may want to re-flash the calculator to the most recent firmware (even if it is already installed).

What a nightmare updating the firmware of this calculator. At the end I've managed to solve the problem without using the VM, using another PC. The actual problem was that the APP partition on the flash was updating in the right way, the application was telling me update ok and stopping there. That was making me think that the process was complete, the actual problem was that the OS partition (last one in order to flash) wasn't updating. When the new APP system was trying to call new methods in kernel, the actual OS was panicking (or perhaps BSODing, since from what i've seen is Windows CE what is running on this system) because the actual system call was missing.

I really hope that HP will fix this update problems, never ever seen something that confusing.

Sorry for the offtopic and thanks for the support, will report it back as soon as I will try to use it Smile
09-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Thank you for sharing your great app with us, Han!

I've used it successfully for some stiff systems. In such a system, it sometimes gets lost and returns complex values for a system that has real solutions. Changing guess values eventually gets it to converge to the correct solution.

In a future version might you be able to add a way to limit the value of each variable...such as "real", and a range? Another non-linear system solver I use regularly implements these restrictions, and it is often helpful. The default of +/- infinity usually works, but imposing a realistic range really helps with some systems.

Again, thank you for sharing your app - without your app and its capability, the Prime is very limited for an engineer.
09-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Thanksssssss Big Grin
10-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Great work
Arno
10-31-2017, 04:32 PM
(09-04-2017 05:56 PM)PLX Wrote:  Thank you for sharing your great app with us, Han!

I've used it successfully for some stiff systems. In such a system, it sometimes gets lost and returns complex values for a system that has real solutions. Changing guess values eventually gets it to converge to the correct solution.

In a future version might you be able to add a way to limit the value of each variable...such as "real", and a range? Another non-linear system solver I use regularly implements these restrictions, and it is often helpful. The default of +/- infinity usually works, but imposing a realistic range really helps with some systems.

Again, thank you for sharing your app - without your app and its capability, the Prime is very limited for an engineer.

Can you provide me the example where complex results were being returned for a system that has real solutions?

11-06-2017, 04:42 AM
Hi Han, do you think it could be possible that in a future update of this excellent program you could incorporate the use of units of measurement or would it be very difficult? It would be great if it could be made similar to the HP 50g that uses units of measurement inside the library.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)