HP 200LX CPACK
02-25-2014, 02:54 AM
HP 200LX CPACK
I have a 200lx but I'd like to try running the software on an Android device using a DOS emulator. I found a post in the archive where someone here uploaded all the necessary files (the CPACK) a few years ago but that link is broken.
Does anyone have the files that could send me a link please?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 04:45 AM
RE: HP 200LX CPACK
(02-25-2014 02:54 AM)dawgfan Wrote:  I have a 200lx but I'd like to try running the software on an Android device using a DOS emulator. I found a post in the archive where someone here uploaded all the necessary files (the CPACK) a few years ago but that link is broken.
Does anyone have the files that could send me a link please?

I've found that CPACK runs fine under DOSBOX on Windows XP/7/8 and runs under DOSBOX on Android too. However unless you have an external keyboard it's nearly impossible to use on a smartphone or tablet.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Quote:I've found that CPACK runs fine under DOSBOX on Windows XP/7/8 and runs under DOSBOX on Android too. However unless you have an external keyboard it's nearly impossible to use on a smartphone or tablet.

I have played around with running CPACK200 on an Android tablet in DOSBOX. The biggest problem is getting a "soft" keyboard to work with it. I have used "Hacker Keyboard" which has all the function keys and other special keys required for normal PC use. While it does work, I've had problems getting the CPACK to recognize the ALT key, which makes getting into menus difficult. I may have a setting wrong - either in dosbox or the keyboard setup.

I just tried with a Bluetooth keyboard and have same problem with it recognizing the ALT key.

I need to go over the setting to find out why ALT doesn't work.

Bill
02-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Does anyone have the software they might make available to me? Please?
02-26-2014, 01:38 AM
(02-25-2014 06:51 PM)dawgfan Wrote:  Does anyone have the software they might make available to me? Please?

CPACK is just an abbreviation of sorts, it's proper name is: F1021A - HP Connectivity Pack.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2014, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2014 11:56 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
A version for the OmniGo 100 can be found here. Perhaps it'll work.

Edit: CPACK v1.00 can be downloaded from one of Massimo's recommended sites, Vetusware. Smile
Registration is required.

Dave
02-20-2016, 12:37 AM
Hi gang,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I want to install the calculator from the HP 200LX software on a Win7 64Bit. Is this possible?
If so how?

TIA
02-20-2016, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2016 11:03 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
(02-20-2016 12:37 AM)OceanView Wrote:  Hi gang,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I want to install the calculator from the HP 200LX software on a Win7 64Bit. Is this possible?
If so how?

TIA

Yes, it's the same O/S I run. First, install DOSBox, then extract the CPACK200 files which I have conveniently pre-installed. Then just run the program from DOSBox.

Dave

Edit: See this previous discussion: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4044.html
02-20-2016, 01:49 AM
(02-20-2016 01:08 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  
(02-20-2016 12:37 AM)OceanView Wrote:  Hi gang,

If so how?

TIA

Yes, it's the same O/S I run. First, install DOSBox, then extract the CPACK200 files which I have conveniently pre-installed. Then just run the program from DOSBox.

Dave

Wow, that looks great!

I'll try it when I get in my office on Monday.

Thanks!
03-08-2016, 11:23 PM
I have installed DosBox Turbo on my Android and transferred the CPACK100 and CPACK200 files to the Android, but inside DOS I am unable to find them either in C: or Z: Can anyone please advise me on how I can launch them?
03-09-2016, 01:19 AM
(03-08-2016 11:23 PM)daikyukim Wrote:  I have installed DosBox Turbo on my Android and transferred the CPACK100 and CPACK200 files to the Android, but inside DOS I am unable to find them either in C: or Z: Can anyone please advise me on how I can launch them?

From the DosBox Turbo site, "DosBox Turbo will attempt to mount the root of your SDCARD as the C: drive. If you need other mounting options, type intro mount at the prompt for further instructions."

If you copied the files to somewhere other than the root of your SD card you will need to mount that folder.

Dave
03-09-2016, 01:37 AM
(03-08-2016 11:23 PM)daikyukim Wrote:  I have installed DosBox Turbo on my Android and transferred the CPACK100 and CPACK200 files to the Android, but inside DOS I am unable to find them either in C: or Z: Can anyone please advise me on how I can launch them?

The area holding the files will have to be presented to the DosBox instance by use of the mount command. I'm not an Android user, so I can't give specifics for the environment but in Windows there is a DoxBox configuration file and you could have the necessary commands in the [autoexec] section so it does the right things every time it starts.

Here's what mine looks like on Windows, where I have the Connectivity Pack in the "C:\alanstriegel\HPCPK200" folder:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
# You can put your MOUNT lines here.
mount c c:\alanstriegel
c:
cd HPCPK200
app200.bat

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)