Wearing the hobby
09-25-2016, 01:45 AM
Wearing the hobby
How many of you have some public way of showing the interest in calculators? I mean things like t-shirts or jackets, a hat, or maybe a tattoo? It would be nice to see some images.

My iPhone 6 case bears the detailed scan image of my college Sharp EL-512. This is what I've been carrying since May, 2015. It often gets a laugh from the gate agents when I use the phone for an electronic boarding pass. Many people ask if the calculator on the back of my phone case works (I wish).

Alan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2016, 04:03 AM
RE: Wearing the hobby
Do analog calculators count? Here's my operational tie-clasp slide rule:

[Image: TieClaspSlideRule1tiny.jpg]

Unfortunately no trig or log scales though. Only multiply, divide, square root, and cube root.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2016, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2016 05:19 AM by Jim Horn.)
I don't have a picture but many long time RPN fans have the famous "Hewlett-Packard ENTER > =" tee shirt...

And several here are know to at least occasionally wear a Hewlett-Packard Model One Digital Wrist Instrument (i.e. the HP-01). Does that count?
09-25-2016, 11:20 AM
(09-25-2016 04:03 AM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  Do analog calculators count? Here's my operational tie-clasp slide rule:

[Image: TieClaspSlideRule1tiny.jpg]

Unfortunately no trig or log scales though. Only multiply, divide, square root, and cube root.

That is great - especially that it's functional! Now I've got to find one.
09-25-2016, 04:07 PM
(09-25-2016 05:18 AM)Jim Horn Wrote:  ...And several here are know to at least occasionally wear a Hewlett-Packard Model One Digital Wrist Instrument (i.e. the HP-01). Does that count?

Absolutely.

Would anyone still hang their calculator from their belt, though. I'll admit that I did in high school and college.

Alan
09-25-2016, 06:23 PM
(09-25-2016 04:07 PM)striegel Wrote:  Would anyone still hang their calculator from their belt, though. I'll admit that I did in high school and college.

There are photos in my High School yearbook ('77) of me wearing my HP-25 in its case on my left side (I'm left handed) and my HP-65 in its hard case on the right. I also frequently wore my "HP Homo-Programmus" T-shirt.

Mark Hardman

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
09-25-2016, 06:43 PM
The way to go. :)

[Image: homoprogrammuswit_email1.jpg]

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
09-25-2016, 07:15 PM
(09-25-2016 06:43 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  The way to go. Smile

This image is not viewable, only an image placeholder saying linking is not allowed, and you need to upgrade your account. LOL. That would make a good T-Shirt too!

--Bob Prosperi
09-25-2016, 07:52 PM

(09-25-2016 07:15 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(09-25-2016 06:43 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  The way to go. Smile

This image is not viewable, only an image placeholder saying linking is not allowed, and you need to upgrade your account. LOL. That would make a good T-Shirt too!

Really? I have no problems with it.
Anyway, here it is...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
09-25-2016, 10:54 PM
(09-25-2016 07:52 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Really? I have no problems with it.

Strange. The original is still bad, but this copy is fine.
I don't recall seeing this before, thanks!

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)